My second weakness behind sweets is MEXICAN FOOD!!! Oh my goodness, I can stuff myself silly on some mexican!!! However, since I am more nutrition-conscious, I like to take some of my fave meals and put a healthy spin on them!
I LOVE to get the taco salad at our local Mexican restaurant. You know the one with the deliciously crispy shell…..the melted cheese at the bottom……mixed in with the refried beans…..(drool is dripping off the side of my lips).
Mmmmm…yeah, you know what I’m talking about don’t you??!!
Well I had a hankering for one of those bad boys today, but I didn’t want to go eat at the local mexican restaurant because I just overdo it every.single.time.
So I got adventurous in the kitchen. Uh oh….watch out now! I put my healthy’ish vegan spin on it and it was so good I had to share with my amazing followers!!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 can of low-fat refried beans, heated
- hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup of brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Coach Chelle’s version of chunky guacamole
- Daiya dairy-free, soy-free cheese
Here’s How You Build It!
This was my order:
- Hearts of romaine in the bottom of the bowl
- 1/2 the can of beans
- a sprinkle of daiya cheese
- brown rice
- chunky guacamole
This is the finished product…voila!