So you’ve probably been thinking why would I buy Shakeology over a protein shake and/or a simple multivitamin? Well, that’s certainly a valid question. I will do my best to provide you with the facts, nutritional information and my personal analysis. Here’s the breakdown and info
Straight from the horse’s mouth
- Protein shake – The purpose of a protein shake is to help build and repair muscle tissue. It is an important element of a healthy diet, particularly if weight lifting is part of your workout regimen. However, protein does not replenish essential nutrients lost during strenuous exercise.
- Multi-vitamin – Helps replenish the vitamins and minerals in the body often depleted during exercise. As such, you need to consume the recommended daily allowance of vitamins, which is harder to do as you reduce calories. Taking a daily multivitamin helps prevent disease, maintain energy and keep your immune system strong. However, a multi-vitamin cannot be used as a meal replacement.
- Shakeology – Provides a source of protein (17g) and all the benefits of a multi-vitamin, and can be used as a meal replacement, there by promoting rapid weight loss. It’s a premium meal replacement shake that combines many of nature’s most health-boosting ingredients, including real food sources of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, plus protein and phytonutrients to help rebuild muscle, maximize cellular health, eliminate toxins, and keep blood sugar from spiking.
Shakeology leads to a cost savings by:
- Using it as a meal replacement leads to a daily savings of $5 or more per day (a savings of $150 a month)
- Allows you to replace many nutritional supplements with just one shake a day (a savings of $20-$50 a month)
Bottom of the bag guarantee
The great thing is that it comes with a “Bottom of the Bag” guarantee: Try Shakeology for 30 days. If you don’t LOVE it, send it back for a full refund. Not that you won’t love it but the guarantee makes you feel all warm and fuzzy…right?
Shakeology can help you:
- Lose weight
- Reduce cravings
- Increase energy and stamina
- Promote healthy digestion and regularity
Proven results! As part of the recommended Shakeology program of replacing a meal with one shake per day, along with regular exercise and a balanced diet, participants experienced even more remarkable health improvements.
The study also showed that participants were able to:
- Reduce total cholesterol by 30% on average
- Reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol by 38% on average
- Reduce cardiovascular risk ratio by 24% on average
- Reduce oxidative damage caused by free radicals on average by 45%, which can help decrease the risk for developing degenerative conditions like heart disease, dementia, and arthritis.
Click the banner if you think this looks so good I just wanna Buy It Now!
* Protein & Amino Acids: Amaranth, Camu-Camu, Goji berry, Sacha Inchi, sprouted quinoa, whey protein.
Health benefits: Help the body build lean muscle, heal wounds, improve skin and hair. Support optimal brain function, mental clarity, improved mood, and reduced cravings.
* Antioxidants “Red Super Foods”: Açai berry, Acerola cherry, bilberry, Camu‑Camu, Goji berry, grape seed extract, green tea, Maca root, pomegranate.
Health Benefits: Help reduce oxidative damage in the body caused by free radicals. Oxidative damage is a major cause for degenerative (aging) conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure (which can lead to stroke), dementia, and arthritis.
* Phytonutrients “Green Super Foods”: Barley grass, blue-green algae, Chia seeds, Chlorella, flax, grape seed extract, Hydrilla, spinach, Spirulina, sprouted quinoa, wheat grass.
Health Benefits: Boost immunity, help fight diseases, can slow down the aging process, detoxify the body, and have alkalizing properties.
* Adaptogens: Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Cordyceps, holy basil leaf, Maca root, Reishi mushroom, Schisandra, Suma root.
Health Benefits: Plant derived agents help to adapt the body or protect it from stress. Adaptogenic herbs are unique from other substances in their ability to balance endocrine hormones and the immune system.
* Prebiotics: Pea fiber, yacon root. Promote better intestinal health.
Health Benefits: Stimulate growth of friendly bacteria for better digestion.
* Digestive Enzymes: Amylase, bromelain from pineapple, cellulose, lactase, lipase, papain from papaya, protease.
Health Benefits: Help the body break down foods and increase absorption of nutrients.
For more a couple of great videos discussing Shakeology, please click here.